Friday, June 27, 2008

just like that..

Random thoughts were strolling in my mind and I had nothing to do……… as they say “an empty mind is a devils workshop” so all U devils pls keep safe distance as there is no vacancy for you right now! N what could be a better way to toss them away than scribbling on my blog? Nothing special to write but ya this month I completed two of the chetan bhagat’s books – THREE MISTAKES OF MY LIFE AND ONE NIGHT @THE CALL CENTRE. From his very first book FIVE POINT SOMEONE his writing style has captivated me, glued me to his books. The youthful rollercoaster ride of hari, ryan and aloke intruded into my heart n mind. After I was keen on reading another best seller ONE NIGHT… but somehow my negligence and laziness detained me. Then I came to know about his new book THREE MISTAKES……which someone recommened to present as a gift to my friend (sreya…the bookworm). Accordingly I went to the store to pick up one but honestly I wanted to read it before anyone else…but anywez I gifted her with a condition that after she finishes off (it was ordered to finish asap :P ) I am the next person to read it. Sweet gal gave it to me in two days n similarly I finished it in two days…..now the last one left out was one night@call centre. N as he does anything for me [:)] sapc gifted it to me soon after. I finished it off n now my expert comment on it follows…………….

After reading all the books I can only say…………….”tre bien” i.e very good.

Naaaaaaaaa I need to elaborate…as someone is goin to evaluate me! Well I would say that One night was the weakest among the three. I had all the elements but still that charm of five point n three mistakes is somewhere missing. One common thing about chetan’s novels are the character traits. He remains on the same track…..one happening guy (RYAN, VROOM, ISHAAN) n an average guy ( HARI, SHYAM, GOVIND)….but the way he blends them together is commendable. All the three books had different backdrops but somehow related. From IIT to call centre chetan bhagat is suave in each one. The style, the plot, characters etc are all too contemporary and relates to the youth. Today I will discuss about One night@ call centre as that is the most recent one I have read. The story revolves round six people working in a call centre and having their own set of nuisance. When one night they all fall in a life n death situation when it is the Almighty who gives them a rescue phone call!! The exposition and conclusion a perfect with the love triangle of shyam-priyanka-ganesh, the ever excited vroom-esha, the lonesome military uncle and the tragedy queen radhika! Honestly speaking everything else was fine even with the nutty boss Bakshi but only the GOD’s phone call part was…………. [:O] kinda hard to digest [hajmola needed :P ]. Pheeeeeeeeeeeww am short of words , lines, ideas [:(]

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy babyyyy!!! [:P] but ya I wud definitely recommend all the three books of chetan bhagat…………..read it and I bet you would like it if not love it!!

NJOY READING…cheers!

3 comments:

_L33T said...

a very sweet blog ..
although a pervert like me wanted a bit more o personal stuff !! :P lolz juz kiddin ...

but cant u include some pics ..

n yeah .. do u wanna read chetan bhagat's 4th book ?

i$hq said...

thnk i have heard a lot abt u.....ashish right??

Spectator said...

i never liked chetan bhagat's first story. It was very much incomplete. Being in a similar environment, i always felt there was a lot missing in that book. I felt the same about the third book as well. However, i loved the second one...